2020 was certainly an interesting year, to say the least. While the world retreated to their homes and self-quarantined; essential workers such as nurses, doctors, farmers, and especially farmworkers maintained the frontlines of sustaining our nation’s well being. As an organization that uplifts and supports the farmworker community, we were obligated to increase our efforts to support our farmworkers while they supported us.
In case you missed it…
– In January, NC FIELD participated in NC STATE’s MBA FoodCon. FoodCon is an annual conference that celebrates the food and agri-business community.
– In March we cancelled our inaugural GFAF Gala. However, in true 2020 fashion we quickly adapted and are gearing up for hosting our Inaugural GFAF Gala virtually in March 2021.
– In May we created – Check out our personal + professional development toolkit called Each One, Teach One.
– From July – November We partnered with Kinston Teens to increase the civic engagement in our areas. Are you registered to vote? Click here to register now because your vote matters now more than ever.
– In December we maintained momentum with our wellness clinics and really increased our reach and impact by meeting farmworkers where they are. Not to mention we began planning our largest fundraising event for March 2021, the Give Food A Face Gala; which will be conducted virtually during Farmworker Awareness Week!